Healthy Coconut Curry & Rice
Welcome to our CrossFit 2024 Nutrition Blog! YAY! We love food and trust that you do too. All the recipes you’ll see here have been personally made, taste tested and approved by our 2024 family members. Some may be first time original recipes while others passed down over the years by loved ones. We think you’ll enjoy them and lets be honest, who doesn’t love a new recipe to try? Enjoy!
Today’s submission was 2024 approved by…. Sara Neaves ? It’s one of her favorite healthy recipe she makes often! It’s a New Year and a great chance to add this to your weekly meal prep ? Bon appétit!
HEALTHY COCONUT CURRY & RICE
- 1 big eggplant or 3 small eggplants
- 1 onion
- 1-3 cloves fresh garlic
- inch of fresh ginger
- olive or avocado oil
- another vegetable good for curry (potatoes are good)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp – 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp coriander
- 400g chopped or canned diced tomatoes
- 400ml coconut milk
- Cut up eggplant, cover in oil and salt and pepper, roast at 390F for 20-25 mins and flip halfway through.
- Cook the other vegetable however you like – I do the same thing with potato but only cook for 15ish mins.
- Soften onion, garlic, and ginger in pot with oil over low heat.
- Add all spices and heat on low, and add little bit of water to make paste.
- Let simmer for 5-10 mins.
- Add diced tomatoes and coconut milk and leave on low heat.
- Add more spice if you like. Stir in cooked eggplant and other vegetable, and let simmer for 20-30 mins.
- Serve over rice.
Tip: You can also use a curry powder if you have that instead of or in addition to the above spices.Yay curry!
2020 01 07