New Year New You 2022
It’s that time of year where we all sit down and figure out our goals for the new year that is to come. Here’s the deal, many people love making new goals while some think that there is really no point to the whole process. Wherever you stand on the age old debate, we want to give you 5 specific areas to focus on this new year. Let’s hop right into it.
- Financial – This one is never comfortable to consider but it’s super necessary. Here’s the first think I recommend everyone take some time to do. Go through your last 4 months of 2021 and add up all the money spent on eating out, amazon, or just any random unnecessary purchases. It’s not a comfortable thing to do but it will really help you see where your money is going. From here, set new goals for just the first quarter of 2022. This will help set you on a good path for the remainder of the year.
- Relational – If you’re an introvert like myself, it’s hard to want to put more effort into relationships. Here’s the hard truth though…we all need others in our life. Take just 1 relationship that could use some improvement and focus on it for the first 3 months of this year. After that pick one for the next 3 months, and so on. Make this your own. Reach out and set up a meal with this person or maybe just have a phone call. Improving relationships improves our overall life. It’s hard and it’s messy but it will make you a better person.
- Physical – Congrats, you’re already doing this one by being a member at 2024! That being said, what is your overall goal for the year? Is it to get stronger? Is it to show up 4 times per week? Maybe it’s to eat healthy food 6 times per week. Whatever the goal is, write it down and get to work!
- Work – Have a work goal. Get that promotion, start that business, take on that side hustle, give yourself more time off, whatever. There is no right or wrong here, just find something that you want to change about your job. Hate your job all together? Maybe this is the year you quit and chase that dream!
- Spiritual – Whatever your beliefs, spend some time and think about this one. How can you better serve yourself spiritually? What about the way you impact others through your life? This maybe the year you join that group you’ve been putting off or maybe you just need to spend more time studying on your beliefs. When we really get down to the nitty gritty, this area of our life is the basis for EVERYTHING we do and how we respond to situations so while it may be last on this list, it is far from the least important.
These 5 areas of your life make up the majority of your every day. I want to encourage you to not get overwhelmed here. Instead, think of just 1 goal for each area for the quarter or even the year and just go all in on that 1 thing. It is easy for us to have a ton of different things we want to achieve but the reality is we only have so much room in our cup. Take this opportunity to do 1 thing for each area of your life really well and I can guarantee your life will be completely changed by the end of the year.
So…what are you waiting for? Sit down, write down a goal or new habit for each area of life and lets crush 2022!
2022 01 13