Slow-Cooker Beef Stew
Welcome to our CrossFit 2024 Nutrition Blog! YAY! We love food and trust that you do too. All the recipes you’ll see here have been personally made, taste tested and approved by our 2024 family members. Some may be first time original recipes while others passed down over the years by loved ones. We think you’ll enjoy them and lets be honest, who doesn’t love a new recipe to try? Enjoy!
Today’s submission is yet another delicious meal approved by 2024’s Edward Flores. He had raving reviews from this recipe and we hope your pallet does too! Bon Appétit!
– 1 1/2 pounds of beef Stew Meat
– 1 15oz can of low sodium chickpeas drained & rinsed
– 3 medium sweet potatoes diced
– 1 cup of carrots
– 1 cup of frozen peas
– 1 yellow onion diced
– 1 celery stalk
– 4 garlic cloves
– 3 bay leaves
– 2 1/2 cups of low sodium beef broth
– 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
– 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
– 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
– 1 teaspoon of paprika
– 1/4 tablespoon of salt
– 1/4 tablespoon black pepper
– 2 tablespoons of corn starch diluted with equal amounts of water.
Makes 4 servings
Per Serving (2 cups): Calories 518; Fat 10g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Protien 49g; Total Carbs 59g; Fiber 13g.
Time to make this delicious dish!
Step 1. Place the meat, chickpeas, sweet potatoes, carrots. peas, onion, celery, and bay leaves in slow cooker
Step 2. In a medium bowl whisk together the beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, paprika, salt, and pepper. Pour into the slow cooker and cook on high for 6 hrs.
Step 3. For the last 30 mins add the cornstarch & water to thicken to a stew.
Step 4: Hot & Ready to serve immediately!
2018 06 11